If you like to be notified early when new versions of our software are released, please subscribe to our Newsletter.
Winteracter – New Version 14.1
9.2.2021: Version 14.10 adds some minor functionality to 14.0 and offers updated compiler support:
- NVIDIA Fortran supported for the first time, on Linux.
- Intel Fortran Compiler Classic (part of Intel’s oneAPI HPC Toolkit) now supported, as of 14.0b.
- GNU gfortran 10 tested on all of Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Control over tooltip durations.
- Grid column/row label button press reporting.
- Information from the X/Winteracter Getting Started Guide merged into the main documentation.
- Configuration advice re Visual Studio 2019 with Intel Fortran Compiler Classic.
- A version of the OpenGL ‘dino’ demo added, illustrating use of tesselators.
Registered users who hold a 14.0 licence will receive 14.10 licence emails shortly. As always, upgrades are available from earlier versions. Please check our Winteracter product page or email us .
Intel® oneAPI – New Toolkits for Multi-Platform Developers
Intel plans to release the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits on 8th of December 2020. oneAPI is an open, unified programming model built on standards to simplify development and deployment of data-centric workloads across CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs and other accelerators.
Extract the most application performance on multiple types of Intel® architecture by using advanced, cross-architecture software development tools from Intel.
Add the Toolkit of your choice to the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit.
The Intel® oneAPI product family includes:
- Industry-leading compilers
- Performance libraries
- Analyzer and debugger tools
- Domain-specific toolkits, including libraries and accelerated workload tools
Intel® oneAPI is the successor of Intel Parallel Studio XE (IPSXE) and contains all the tools that are part of IPSXE. IPSXE will still be available until the end of the year. Owners of IPSXE with active support will have the opportunity to upgrade to Intel® oneAPI. See our webpage “Upgrade Intel® Parallel Studio XE To Intel® oneAPI” to get the details.
Winteracter V14.0, a GUI Toolset for Fortran programmers for 32/64-bit Windows, 64-bit Linux and 64-bit MacOS, has just been released. Many new features, for example:
- Grid controls upgraded
- Check boxes in treeviews
- Undo in editor windows and WED on X
- Shape/fill routines overhauled
- Multi-resolution and PNG-compressed ICO/CUR file support
- Improved CGM metafile support
- and much more …
Please email for more information/prices.
Absoft Pro Fortran – New Version 2021
Nov. 2020: Absoft Pro Fortran 2021 provides a complete 64 and 32 bit Windows & Linux Fortran compiler solution and supports mixed language development by interfacing with the Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows SDK C/C++ compilers.
New in Pro Fortran 2021 for Windows and Linux
- Parallel LAPACK and BLAS
- Lapack 3.9.0
- GINO Lite 9.0
- AbsoftTools enhancements
- Performance Enhancementsor
OS X Pro Fortran for 2021
Absoft Pro Fortran 2021 provides a complete 64-bit macOS & OS X Fortran compiler solution and supports mixed language development by interfacing with Apple’s Xcode C/C++ compiler.
New in Pro Fortran 2021
- Full compatibility with macOS Big Sur (11.0)
- Parallel LAPACK and BLAS libraries
- AbsoftTools enhancements
- Performance improvements
- LAPACK 3.9 libraries
13th February 2020: With Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows you can create console based, conventional Windows® and Microsoft .NET applications. Silverfrost FTN95 is the only compiler that can produce Microsoft .NET applications that can use the full Fortran 95 language. Silverfrost FTN95 also boasts its world leading CHECKMATE run-time checking technology that finds bugs fast!
Silverfrost FTN95 is a full Fortran 95 standards compliant compiler, capable of producing fast executables for Win32, Win64, and for Microsoft .NET. FTN95 ships with the world’s best runtime checking and a great range of supporting software. All standard and many vendor-specific legacy language features are supported, so that Fortran projects may be any combination of Fortran 77, Fortran 90 and Fortran 95.
Released Dec 2019 What’s New in 2020
Modernize Code for Performance, Scalability, and Portability
- Write applications that scale with improved parallel performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions.
- Vectorize and thread your code using OpenMP* to take advantage of the latest SIMD-enabled hardware, including Intel AVX-512.
- Speed up AI inferencing with compilers from Intel, Intel® Performance Libraries, and analysis tools that support Intel® Deep Learning Boost with Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) in 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Develop for large memories of up to 512 GB DIMMs with persistence. Identify, optimize, and tune Intel platforms for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory using Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Use extended coarse-grain profiling with platform-level collection and analysis in Intel VTune Profiler to understand and optimize platform configuration for applications.
- Perform cache simulation insights for vectorization with roofline analysis for L1, L2, L3, and DRAM in Intel® Advisor.
- Support for the HPC cloud helps you take advantage of the AWS* Parallel Cluster* and AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter for low-latency, high-bandwidth communications for MPI applications with the Intel® MPI Library.
- Stay up to date with the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++ 2017 support with initial C++20 support
- Full Fortran 2008 and expanded Fortran 2018
- Python 3.7 support
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 integration
- Supports an additional operating system: Amazon Linux 2*.
Winteracter – New Version 13
Interactive Software Services (ISS) have released V13 of their GUI Toolset for Fortran programming with compilers that support Fortran 90 or above.
- Create GUI based applications using Fortran 9x/200x
- GUI controls based on native Windows/Motif components
- Totally Fortran based, no mixed language programming
- No low level API access required
- Visual tools simplify GUI design
- Meaningful names make code easier to read/maintain
- Mature platform-independent graphics
- Substantial operating system interface
- Numerous graphics hardcopy/export formats supported
- Royalty-free distribution of Winteracter-based programs
- Free technical support by email
New: plusFORT V7.25 now with 64-bit support.
A multi-purpose set of tools for analyzing and improving Fortran programs. Version 7.25 is the first fully 64 bit version of plusFORT, and in consequence, only 64 bit versions of Windows, Linux and MacOS are supported. In addition, PFFE, the plusFORT graphical user interface has been substantially upgraded, and now supports context sensitive help for all configuration options.
New – Winteracter V12.0 – a GUI toolset for the Fortran programming language including various visual development tools and a substantial subroutine library. Available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Each licence now includes libraries for all currently supported compilers on the corresponding platform. Both 32 and 64-bit support included.
Build Faster Code Faster
Pro Fortran 2019 combines performance and features not available from any other Fortran vendor.
- Industry-leading performance
- Robust, parallel, scalable code
- Easy-to-use, Fortran/C IDE or command prompt, speeds development
- AWE Fortran application framework, HPC, Data Access and Math Libraries
- 2D/3D Graphics
- Windows, OS X, and Linux have the same look, feel and functionality
- Dynamic, mixed floating licenses available
- Industry’s best tech support includes live phone technicians
- Optional IMSL Numerical Libraries bundles available (please inquire)
Windows Bonus – GINO GUI Lite a $395 value – Included FREE!
Code New Breakthroughs in Software Performance
- Create faster code: Boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel platforms.
- Build code faster: Simplify the process of creating parallel code.
This comprehensive suite of development tools makes it simpler to build and modernize code with the latest techniques in vectorization, multithreading, multinode parallelization, and memory optimization. It enables C, C++, Fortran, and Python* software developers to: