Intel® Parallel Studio XE
*** Intel® Parallel Studio XE has been replaced by Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit.
Until the end of 2021 you still can get Support Service Renewals (SSRs) for existing licenses, but no new licenses.
The information hereinafter is provided only for “historical” reasons. ***
Code New Breakthroughs in Software Performance
This comprehensive suite of development tools makes it simpler to build and modernize code with the latest techniques in vectorization, multithreading, multinode parallelization, and memory optimization. It enables C, C++, Fortran, and Python* software developers to:
- Create faster code: Boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel platforms.
- Build code faster: Simplify the process of creating parallel code.
- Get Priority Support: Connect directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions.
Modernize Code for Performance, Scalability, and Portability
- Write applications that scale with improved parallel performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions
- Gain greater scalability and reduce latency with next generation Intel® MPI Library
- Vectorize and thread your code (using OpenMP*) to take advantage of the latest SIMD-enabled hardware, including Intel AVX-512
- Speed up machine learning by enabling new high performance Python* optimizations with Intel® Distribution for Python* and Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL)
- Stay up to date with the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++14 and expanded C++ 2017
- Full Fortran 2008 and partial Fortran 2018
- Python 2.7 and 3.6
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 & 2019 integration
Intel ® Parallel Studio XE for Windows, Linux or MacOS
Three editions based on your development needs:
Composer Edition (BUILD)
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Composer Edition includes industry-leading C++ and Fortran compilers, performance libraries, standards-based parallel models, and performance-optimized Python. Build fast code, faster.
Professional Edition (BUILD and ANALYZE)
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Professional Edition includes a complete selection of compilers and libraries. Build your capabilities with a performance profiler, optimized vectorization, threading prototyping, and debugging tools for memory and threads.
Cluster Edition (BUILD and ANALYZE and SCALE)
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Cluster Edition is our flagship suite. It includes all tools from the other versions, plus an MPI library, an MPI tuning and analysis tool, and an advanced cluster diagnostic system.
Intel® Parallel Studio XE Editions
|Intel® C++ Compiler||yes||C++||C++|
|Intel® Fortran Compiler||yes||F||F|
|Intel® Distribution for Python||yes||yes||yes|
|Intel® Math Kernel Library (MKL)||yes||yes||yes|
|Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)||yes||C++||C++|
|Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)||yes||C++||C++|
|Intel® Threading Building Blocks (TBB)||yes||C++||C++|
|Debugging, Performance Analysis (ANALYZE)|
|Intel® Inspector XE||yes||yes|
|Intel® VTune™ Profiler||yes||yes|
|Intel® MPI Library||yes|
|Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector||yes|
|Intel® Cluster Checker (for Linux only)||yes|
|Legend :: C++: in variant with C++ compiler only; F: in variant with Fortran compiler only|
Intel Software Licensing
Single named-user license: allows only one (1) individual (named user) to install and use the materials on no more than three (3) computers provided that same individual is using the materials only on one (1) computer at a time.
Floating licences: Available for 1, 2, 5 seats in a network. Uses FlexLM and is licensed per seat (concurrent user). Licences can be added together (i.e. if you need 3 users, buy 1 + 2). Users do not need to be named.
Academic licences: They are purchased for use within a degree-granting establishment. Research, teaching, educational use only, with no commercial gain. Government funded research establishments do not qualify.
Distribution of executables: Royalty-free for Intel Software Development products but may not necessarily apply to 3rd party products. Special conditions apply to Intel IPP (see licence agreement).
License details (EULA): View Intel Software Development Products Licence Agreement