Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) optimizes code with minimal effort for future generations of Intel® processors. It is compatible with your choice of compilers, languages, operating systems, and linking and threading models.
- Features highly optimized, threaded, and vectorized math functions that maximize performance on each processor family
- Uses industry-standard C and Fortran APIs for compatibility with popular BLAS, LAPACK, and FFTW functions—no code changes required
- Dispatches optimized code for each processor automatically without the need to branch code
- Provides Priority Support that connects you directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions
The Intel® MKL cannot be purchased as a stand-alone product anymore, but as part of Intel® oneAPI it can be obtained.
Using the Intel® Math Kernel Library
The training materials provide a video (duration: 33mins 51secs) and a Microsoft Visual Studio solution (.sln) which show how to call an Intel Math Kernel Library routine to solve a system of linear equations.
It is demonstrated
- how to get started with the MKL,
- how to set up an Intel Visual Fortran project so that the MKL modules are found by the compiler and the proper MKL libraries are linked.
- It explains which MKL variants exist and shows the performance gain by simply using a threaded MKL library set.
The training materials are provided in a .zip file (86823640 Bytes, 82.8 MB).