With Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows you can create console based, conventional Windows® and Microsoft .NET applications. Silverfrost FTN95 is the only compiler that can produce Microsoft .NET applications that can use the full Fortran 95 language. Silverfrost FTN95 also boasts its world leading CHECKMATE run-time checking technology that finds bugs fast!
Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows is now available free for personal and evaluation use. To try the compiler click here.
Silverfrost FTN95 is a full Fortran 95 standards compliant compiler, capable of producing fast executables for Win32 and for Microsoft .NET. FTN95 ships with the world's best runtime checking and a great range of supporting software. All standard and many vendor-specific legacy language features are supported, so that Fortran projects may be any combination of Fortran 77, Fortran 90 and Fortran 95.
- Full Fortran 95 language compatibility
- Comprehensive integration with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
- Standalone editor - Plato3
- The world's best runtime checking
- Very fast compilation speed
- Excellent compile-time diagnostics
- Full souce level debugging
- Builds console, Windows® and Microsoft .NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications
Windows® Specific Features
- Visual Studio .NET integrated debugger
- Binary compatibility with FTN77 object and library code
- Complete I/O library compatibility with FTN77
- Inline Mnemonic Assembler using CODE...EDOC
- Microsoft Visual C++ Interoperability
- Salford C/C++ Interoperability
- GUI building with Salford Clearwin+
- Full support for REAL*10, COMPLEX*20
- Virtual Common
- Small EXE and OBJ files
Microsoft .NET Specific Features
- Full Fortran .NET debugging facilities
- Effortless porting of existing Fortran code to .NET
- No language restrictions
- Use Salford CHECKMATE technology within .NET programs
- Fast runtime performance
- Simple inter-language operability
- Recompile existing code and use it immediately with .NET
- No steep .NET learning curve to be negotiated
- Easily attach a .NET Windows Forms front end to a Fortran backend
- Create and manipulate .NET objects within Fortran
- See example .NET code and documentation
Out-of-the-box FTN95 provides lots of development options. Here is a list of straight-forward questions and answers:
|Do I need to buy Visual Studio to use FTN95?
|Do I need to know about Microsoft .NET to use FTN95?
|Does FTN95 support .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005?
|I have my own editor and just want to use FTN95 from a command-line...can I do that?
|Can I use the personal edition to evaluate FTN95 for the company I work for?
FTN95 from the Command Line
Plato3 - The Driving Force Behind FTN95
Create Windows® programs in Fortran with ClearWin+
FTN95 Support Forums
Silverfrost FTN95 available from Polyhedron Software